Ok before I write out this recipe, a few things... I am on Weight Watchers, so it is healthy other than the sodium. I use low sodium stuff in it because of that. It can be altered to you taste on certain things. Original calls for 3 different cans of beans, I use 2. You can also add some lean ground beef, turkey or boca burger. I have done all of the above but for the most part I don't add meat. One of the reasons I like this recipe is because it's my didn't thaw anything meal. LOL
- 32 ozs Fat Free Chicken Broth or water
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (I use the ones with chiles in it)
- 2-3 cans of beans ( ok this is where you can vary to your taste, I use 1 can of Spicy Chili Beans and 1 can of black beans)
- frozen corn or canned corn (I use frozen, I like corn so I throw the whole bag in)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- optional 1/2-1 lb of cooked ground meat
Put all ingredients in large pot on top of the stove, bring to a fast boil and lower temp to low and simmer for 1 hour or put in crockpot on low for 4 hours.
There it is. Quick and Easy! Almost no prep ;)
Almost time for AI, ready to see how everyone does tonight. Not sure who I want to get voted off just yet. I think they all have potential. Even though I think Chris is going to win!