Monday, April 26, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 4/26/10

mpm-1


  • Chicken Cacciatore (Don’t Panic-Dinner’s in the Freezer cookbook) *new*


  • Chili Con Carne and White River Sour Cream Cornbread (Don’t Panic-Dinner’s in the Freezer cookbook) *new*


  • Beef Pita Tacos (Don’t Panic Dinner’s in the Freezer cookbook) *new* and Whole Wheat Pita Bread *new*


  • Macaroni and Cauliflower Cheese Bake (Jamie’s Food Revolution) This was ok but the kids didn’t like the cheese sauce with the Parmesan so next time I’ll make it full cheddar. *new*


  • Zuppa Toscana (not even sure where I got my original recipe for this Olive Garden clasic, recipe for how I make it at the bottom of the post)


  • Breakfast  for dinner pancakes or muffins, eggs of choice (scrambled or omelet) and bacon (looking for a pancake or muffin recipe I want to try this week will post when I find one that I have the ingredients for)
I’m trying to post more so I plan on coming back and posting pictures and recipes as I make them. My husband always jokes when I ask if he liked what I made because he says I won’t make it again since I always have new meals we’re trying with few favorites in between.  If you want to check out more menu plans check out Orgjunkie!

 
Zuppa Toscana
 
IMG_5428
  • 1 lb  italian sausage ( I use turkey or chicken italian sausage)
  • 4-6 bacon, cut into 1/2” slices (can use turkey bacon but I prefer the good stuff)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 10 cups chicken stock
  • 2-3 potatoes, cut in half lengthwise and slice into 1/4”-1/2” pieces
  • 1 cup cream (I use whatever I have on hand, cream, half n half or milk. I do prefer cream or half n half)
  • 1 bunch of Kale, cut or tore into pieces
Brown crumbled italian sausage, drain and set aside. Cook bacon, be sure not to crisp, drain and set aside. Cook onion in a little olive oil until translucent, 5-10 mins, then add garlic and red pepper flakes until fragrant. Add chicken stock, sausage, bacon, and potatoes, cook until potatoes are tender. Then add cream, simmer for 5 mins. Add kale and simmer a few minutes longer. Salt and Pepper to taste.
I know these aren’t the best instructions but I’m a cook by taste type of person and it really just comes together.

2 comments:

  1. your blog is so awesome and yummmy thanks for posting that recipe...ill have to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea on what to use with some kale I got at the farmer's market! It was crazy good!

    ReplyDelete