Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Good Morning!

Drinking my coffee, trying to wake myself up this morning. Debating on getting out of the house and doing some more Christmas shopping. I've already picked up a Newborn Cabbage Patch doll and a tub of Megablocks for Miss Tally. Now I'm looking for a table to put in the office for her to play on while I'm scrapbooking. I'm also going to pick up some art type stuff for her that can only be used while playing at the table. Hoping that will keep her occupied while I'm working. I can only hope ;)

It's been an interesting weekend. On Friday I found out that my nephew got hit by a car this past week. He is doing well considering. He has a broken pelvis, ruptured spleen and some head trauma. He didn't start speaking until Sunday afternoon. He is making progress every day! I hope the 16 year old girl that was going 50 mph in a 25, has learned her lesson and starts paying attention to where she is driving. My nephew was not on the road, he was in the grass waiting for a truck on the other side to pass. He was doing everything he was supposed to be doing! He's had a lot of people praying for him and I think it has helped a lot! Thank you to all my friends that have been praying for him this past weekend. Our family has truly appreciated it!

With what happened to my nephew it made me think of my real father. My nephew is actually not blood to me because his mom is my step-sister. My Step-dad has been around since I was 2 years old. He is my daddy! I met my real father when I was 17 yrs old after not seeing him since I was 5 yrs old. He has let me down time after time. I am alway the one that has to call and check on him. If I never called him, we would probably never talk again. I think it's sad but I don't totally blame him. There were a lot of things that stopped him while I was growing up, that prevented him from finding me after we moved to Oklahoma. He got his updates from my grandpa who he still went hunting with in TX. Until I searched for him when I was a teenager. We talked on the phone for years and at 17 I went to meet him with my parents. I've seen him a few times since then, even flew down and visited him for a few days one summer... 7 yrs ago. That was the last time I saw him. There have been times he could come see me when I was in TX and for some reason or another he couldn't make it. So after sending last years Christmas card with a note with my phone number and a message to call me... and he never did. I decided that I wasn't trying anymore! Until this weekend... I decided that I will call every month and I'm already planning on making a family trip at the beginning of the year to stay a couple of days with a friend and then make an hour and a half drive so he can meet Matt and Tally. Another reason is that my grandmother lives with him, she turns 80 next month. I want her to at least meet my family. Ok, enough about all that!

My mom bought a new car, a 2007 Honda CR-V. She loves it. Her house has only about a month left before it is completed! This is my mom's first house and she is extremely excited!!!

Last but not least.. a page! With Mindy's Allure kit available at Designer Digitals.



Now I'm off to take that shower and I guess go shopping! Have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. Im glad your nephew is doing better. Im glad you are going to see your dad so you can at least say you've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about your nephew and glad he is doing better. Good luck with your dad.. I cant imagine how hard that would be and the layout is great!!

    ReplyDelete